Monday, October 31, 2011

DEAFFOUND

I was browsing /b/ on 4chan the other day when someone posted a link. Their name was Anonymous, which was usual for 4chan. There were a bunch of comments on it, so I decided to click the link.

The link was to a file on Megaupload called "DEAFFOUND." I downloaded it, but Norton rejected it due to it being infected with some sort of virus.

When I went back to 4chan, all posts said "DEAFFOUND." For some reason, my computer froze soon after. I turned the computer back on, but it didn't start up properly. It showed my background with no files, start menu, or anything of the sort (explorer.exe didn't appear to be running). Almost automatically, a file opened. It was called "DEAFFOUND."

It was a Nintendo 64 emulator. I tried opening any ROM files, but all that could be found in the file browser was a corrupted file with a URL for the title. I went through the back way to open Google Chrome and typed the URL in.

My computer's screen blacked out for ten seconds and it froze. For a split second, it looked like a word or two flashed on the screen, but I didn't have enough time to read it as it was too fast.

After the computer froze and the screen came back, the page opened. However, something was wrong with my browser. There were no words anywhere on the window...just the layout. When Youtube finally fully loaded, I was on a channel called "DEAFFOUND."

There were also no words on the channel, nor was there a layout or avatar. The weird thing was that it said the account was created on October 31, 2011. This startled me, as that's today.

I began investigating by clicking on the first video, "DONT_WAIT." It was one minute and eight seconds long. The first 42 seconds of the video were comprised of black video with echoing noises in the background.

The words "Don't Wait" appeared on screen before it went black again. Exactly ten seconds afterward, it showed a trail in the woods with a ton of distorted video. The sound sounded like a phone left off a hook. The words "FIND ME" appeared after that. What really frightened me is that the trail in the video was the same trail I usually ride my bike down.

I rode my boke down there and looked around for anything suspicious. After around ten minutes, I stepped on a thin, blank disc. Actually, not far from that blank disc was a whole box of discs. I took them home and put them into my computer one by one.

They were just dupe files called "new file," save for one. On one of the discs was written the number seventeen. I put it into the computer and, not surprisingly, there was a file on it named "17." I opened it and it turned out to be an HTML file that linked to DEAFFOUND's Youtube channel.

Afterward, my computer shut itself down. When I tried to start it back up, all I could get it to do was show the word "DEAFFOUND" on the screen. It doesn't do anything else. I wish I never clicked that link.

I sent my computer to get fixed, but they said there was nothing they could do to fix it. They would want me to get a new computer because the virus on my computer was fatal. Now I'm using my dad's computer. Everything is fine, for now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DEAFFOUND

30 comments:

  1. This stuff is why I quit browsing /b/! Happy Halloween man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good story until I saw that that DEAFFOUND Youtube user had posted on NicePeter's 'Epic Rap Battle' video requesting a challenge between two people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For everything to have happened today, it sure seems like they had alot of time to go searching through the woods, insert all the discs and try to get the computer fixed to find out that it couldn't be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAFFOUND.avi

    The stories with things created with them always get a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn! I tried to find the vid on youtube. I saw it, clicked on it and explorer quit on me

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's crazy my harddrive crashed
    I'm taking my computer to get fixed now
    typing this on another computer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, like we're really going to click on it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. He really likes that word DEAFFOUND!!!! And why not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um... Should I open the link below?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you should. It's nothing more than a simple youtube video channel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just a youtube channel with the background black and all the text black.... If someone thought someone "hacked" it to be all black they'd have to be pretty dumb xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. "The weird thing was that it said the account was created on October 31, 2011. This startled me, as that's today."
    and provided youtube account says it's 29.10.2011
    riiiight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol spooky shit dawg

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol
    it'd be funny if he wins the request for the rap battle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am I the only one who doesn't get why it's scary?? The guy got a dick hackers virus, and thats using my imagination... oh well, it's still good, and making a youtube chnnel for it wins a plus.... but still, i think it would be scarier if the guy as haunted after, and if he explained what the hell the significance if the word "deaffound" was.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am conflicted as to if i should click the link or not.....i dont think i will...but my curiosity is pretty strong. but im not on my own computer...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I clicked it it's nothing. But if you think it's a virus I agree get a Mac though I have seen Macs with viruses...

    ReplyDelete
  18. BUT THEN WHO WAS DEAFFOUND

    ReplyDelete
  19. I dont get how this is scary

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the worst pasta ever, bad placement, too short sentences, lack of description. Crap looks written by a 12-year-old.

    -500/5

    ReplyDelete
  21. It HAD potential, but they fucked it to shit.
    -10/5

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get a Mac those things are like magnum condoms

    ReplyDelete
  23. damn ghosts and their rap battles.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm pretty sure if you use a Mac you won't be needing magnums. or any condoms for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Remove the valve cap and fully deflatecarbon road framesthe tube by depressing the valve ICAbike01 stem with the hooked end of your tire lever. There are two main types of valve stems, a schrader valve and a presta valve. This tutorial is based on a schrader valve, but I will be covering the different valve types in another tutorial.
    Now it’s time to remove your tire, one side at a time. Choose a section of tire that is away from the valve and hook one of the tire levers under the bead, directly in line with one of your spokes. Pry one side of the tire bead over the edge of the rim, and then hook the end of the tire lever to the nearest spoke. Insert another tire lever two spokes away from the first, and a third another two spokes away. Now the middle lever should fall out, and you can continue the process. When the tire is loose enough you can just run a tire lever around the rest of the rim to pull the whole side over.
    After you have removed one side of the tire, thecarbon fibre bike frames
    ow remove the tube from the tire, and try to keep track of where it was positioned in relation to the tire. Inflate the tube to approximately twice its original size. This will expand the hole making it easier to find.
    Listen carefully to the entire circumference of china carbon framesthe tube; you should hear a hissing sound that will indicate where the leak is. As a last resort you can submerge the tube in water and watch for bubbles, but you’ll want to avoid doing this as you’ll need the tube to be completely dry in order for the patch glue to work.
    Once you’ve found the leak, take note of whetherICAbike01 it is on the inner or outer side of the tube.
    I don’t recommend using either motor oil or 3in1 oil to lubricate the chain. Motor oil is too heavy and won’t fully penetrate the rollers, and 3in1 oil is vegetable based and will gum up the chain. I also don’t recommend using wax lubricants because while they don’t collect as much dirt, they are a lot of hassle to apply correctly, and wax is simply not as good a lubricant as oil. I do recommend mineral based chain oils like Finish Line Cross Country or Phil Wood Tenacious Oil because they do the best job of fighting corrosion and don’t wash away when they get wet.
    Chain Cleaning
    For cleaning, first shift the chain intozipp 404the smallest sprocket on the rear. For average dust and dirt, wipe the chain clean with a solvent soaked rag. The easiest way to do this is to hold the chain still at the rear derailleur cage while firmly wiping the lower run of the chain. Then move the chain backward and wipe again until you’ve wiped the entire length of chain. Wipe between the rear sprockets using either a rag or a sprocket cleaning tool. Then clean all of the front chainrings on both sides.
    Shift your gears into the middle sprocket both front and rear. Remember that oil does a good job of spreading itself, so try not to over-apply the lubricant. Lubricate the inner circumference of the chain, on the side that faces the sprockets along the top of the lower run of the chain. Run the chain backwards while dropping oil down both sides of the rollers.
    Shift through all of the gears to spread the lubricant evenly through the drivetrain. Then use a rag to wipe off any excess oil.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I realize that DeafFound must be an awesome name for 13 year old 4channers. Hell, in highschool i took the nickname Bloodraven, from Diablo 2 to make myself seem bad ass for a goth/nerdy chick.. But, now hat i graduated and grew up, i realized that these words, mixed together, were complete rubbish when you thought about it. Even when reading a dictionary.
    And this is how i feel about this story. Really? Deaffound? You couldnt get any better then what soumds like a steriotypical Native American name for some one who is deaf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not once have I ever come across another d2 player! You just made my day!

      Delete